FAMATEC solutions reduce work accidents due to the handling of products during the manufacturing stage.
The operator is able to handle heavy, unwieldy and dangerous products with little effort as well as with precise and accurate control.
The risk of work-related injuries due to physical effort and of accidents will be reduced.
Numerous solutions guarantee safety in different critical situations:
- Incorrect gripping of the product: manipulator will remain inactive
- When the safety conditions of the gripping system do not fulfill the settings of the minimum values and/or the gripping sensors are not properly functioning.
- Crushing hazard of fingers during gripping or releasing the product; both hands are needed to activate any controls.
- The console is provided with two separated control buttons, which the operator has to push at the same time.
- Drift movement of the arm in the resting position: the manipulator is equipped with parking brakes.
- Disk brakes, or self-centering caliper brakes, are located on the rotary axis of the column, on the intermediate arm, and on the rotary axis of the gripping system. These are activated even if the supply air is missing and they can be set from the console.
- Sudden lack of compressed air or insufficient pressure: the product will be automatically and slowly lowered until a safer position is reached before being released.
- In order to reduce the effects of sudden air loss, the machine is provided with:
- A certified tank that guarantees a regular air flow, and in case of irregular supply, allowing the operator to finish the operation cycle.
- Non return valve above the tank
- FAMATEC security valve that avoids sudden quick movements of the arm both upward and downward.
- Project of the pneumatic system in order to segment the effects of a sudden drop of the pressure, last step is the releasing of the product.
- Wrong release command while handling: the product will be automatically and slowly lowered till a safer position.
- The pneumatic logic controls detects the wrong purpose of the operator and controls the lowering to a moderate speed before releasing the product. The console is provided with two release buttons to avoid casual activations by the operator.
FAMATEC solutions improve the ease of operation, regardless of the physical potential, gender or age of the operator. They improve productivity by eliminating fatigue over the entire working day, while improving the production process, and reducing the chance of damage to the product or the production equipment while handling